BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Your contract is with FURQAN TRAVEL LIMITED whose registered office is 15 Whitmore Road Small Heath, Birmingham, B10 0NR. Furqan Travel Ltd is fully bonded by the Civil Aviation Authority under Air Travel Organisers Licence number 10757 to protect your payments and repatriation. Below are details of your booking and our obligations under these booking conditions. Please read them carefully. All pilgrimages are sold subject to the following conditions.
Your Obligation to Us
1. Your Booking
To make a booking, please contact Furqan Travel Ltd to discuss your requirements and check availability. Your contract will be made once you have paid a deposit and Furqan Travel Ltd confirmation invoice has been sent to you. When you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept on behalf of all members of your party the terms of these booking conditions. You must check Furqan Travel Ltd confirmation carefully and raise any queries with Furqan Travel Ltd immediately upon receipt. Your contract with Furqan Travel Ltd is governed by English law and is subject to the jurisdiction of the English Courts and is deemed to have been made at Furqan Travel offices in Birmingham.
2. Your Pilgrimage/tour Payment
Full payment must be made to Furqan Travel Ltd at least 12 weeks prior to departure. Payment may be made by bank transfer, cheque (cheques will need at least 10 days to clear) or by any major debit or credit card acceptable to us. Please note your booking may be cancelled if you fail to make full payment on time and if it is, cancellation charges as set out in paragraph 4 below will be payable by you.
3. If you Alter your Booking
If you wish to alter any arrangements after we have sent you our confirmation invoice we will do our best to arrange this. You must write to us with details of the alterations requested. Any alterations will be subject to availability plus agreement by the relevant supplier(s) and there will be an administration charge of £100 per person together with any communication charges or other expenses incurred by Furqan Travel Ltd. In many cases a transfer or name change will mean the cancellation and re-booking of flights or hotels and a significant additional charge may arise. This charge could be as much as the full pilgrimage/ tour cost. You should be aware that these costs may increase the closer to the departure the changes are made by you. If you change the number of people in your party the price will be recalculated to the new party size.
This may mean that accommodation is under-occupied and the other members of the party may have to pay an increased price.
4. If you cancel your Pilgrimage
Should you wish to cancel your booking; the person who made the booking must notify Furqan Travel Ltd in writing as soon as possible. The following charges will apply from the date on which written notification is received by Furqan Travel Ltd:-
Days prior to departure date written Charge advice of cancellation received
More than 70 days loss of deposit
70-29 60% per person of pilgrimage cost
28-22 80% per person of pilgrimage cost
21-0 100% per person of pilgrimage cost
The figures are expressed as percentages of the total price excluding insurance premiums and administration charges which are forfeited in full. If you have to cancel for a reason covered by your insurance policy and follow the procedure laid down by the insurers, you should be able to reclaim the cancellation charges subject to any policy excess.
5. If You Have a Complain
If you have cause for complain whilst on your pilgrimage/ tour, this must be brought to the attention of the Furqan Travel Ltd local appointed representative/agent or the hotel management or other supplier immediately so that action can be taken to remedy the problem. Should your representative/agent or the hotel management be unable to resolve the problem, please contact Furqan Travel Ltd in the UK immediately. If the problem is still unresolved, you should record your complains on a client comment form available on request, which you should forward, together with full details of your complain, to Furqan Travel Ltd within 28 days of the end of the pilgrimage/ tour. If you fail to follow this simple procedure we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complain whilst you were on pilgrimage/ tour and this will affect your rights under this contract.
Our Obligation to You
6. Our Commitment to You for Your Pilgrimage/Tour Arrangements
a). When you make a booking with us you acknowledge there is an element of risk associated with pilgrimages / Tours generally, particularly in Saudi Arabia for the Hajj and Al Aqsa in Jerusalem. These include overcrowding in hotels and on all forms of transport and poor management of public places. These risks can also include the risk of injury or illness in remote places without medical facilities. You must be fit enough to undertake the pilgrimage and you must exercise reasonable care for your own safety and the safety of other members in your group. Travel to Israel is at your own risk and Furqan Travel Ltd will not be held liable for your safety and you will hold no claim to the Duty of care by Furqan Travel Ltd
b). Your Financial Protection: When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong. We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable). If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
c). Subject to (d) and (e) below, if any member of your party is killed or injured as a result of an element forming part of your arrangements booked before departure from the UK, we will accept responsibility if the death or injury is due to a fault on our part or the part of our agents or suppliers. If any part of your arrangements booked before your departure from the UK is not as described in the brochure, or not of a reasonable standard, we will accept responsibility if this is due to a fault on our part or that of our agents or suppliers. We do not accept responsibility if any death, personal injury or failure of your pilgrimage arrangements is not caused by any fault of ours, or our agents or suppliers, and is caused by you or someone not connected with your arrangements. We do not accept responsibility if the death, personal injury or failure of the arrangements, is due to unforeseen circumstances which, even with all due care, we, or our agents or suppliers, could not have anticipated or avoided.
d). If you or any member in your party is killed, injured (or becomes ill) as a result of transport by aircraft, ship, train or coach, our liability to pay compensation and/or the amount of compensation we will pay is limited in line with the Warsaw & Montreal Conventions (applies to transport by air), the Athens Convention (applies to transport by ship), the Berne Convention (applies to transport by rail) and the Geneva Convention (applies to transport by road). The terms of these conventions are incorporated into and form part of your contract with us. You can get copies of the relevant convention if you ask us for them. You should also note that these conventions may limit or remove the carrier’s liability to you and the amount which the carrier has to pay to you.
You should also note that the carrier will rely upon its “conditions of carriage” which may limit or remove the carrier’s liability to you and limit compensation under international conventions.
e). If we make any payment to you or member of your party for death, personal injury or illness, you must give us or our insurers the rights you may have to take action against the person or organisation responsible for causing the death or personal injury or illness and you must cooperate fully with us in seeking recovery of any payment made.
Furqan Travel Ltd reserves the right to change its prices at any time before you book. If we do, you will be told of the revised price applicable to your booking before you commit yourself. Thereafter the price of your travel arrangements is subject to surcharges on the following items for increases in: transportation costs e.g. fuel, scheduled air fares and other airline surcharges which are part of the contract between airlines (and their agents) and us, security charges, government action such as increases in VAT or any other government imposed increases, currency in relation to exchange rate variations. In the case of any small variation, an amount equivalent to 2% of the price of your travel arrangements, which excludes insurance premiums and any amendment charges, will be absorbed or retained. For larger variations the 2% will still be absorbed for increases but not retained from refunds. If this means paying more than 10% of the pilgrimage price, you will be entitled to cancel your pilgrimage with a full refund of all money paid (exclusive of insurance premiums, amendment charges and visa charges). Should you decide to cancel because of this, you must exercise your right to do so within 14 days of the issue date printed on the invoice. Whether you cancel or not you will also be entitled, on the terms set out in respect of major changes in paragraph 8 below to accept an offer of alternative travel arrangements from us if we are able to do so and compensation as set out in these terms. Please note that in the event of the government or other regulatory body imposing a levy in order to provide additional protection we reserve the right to pass this on in full and it will not be subject to the surcharge requirements. Alternatively you may choose to pay for your pilgrimage/ tour in full at the time of booking in which case Furqan Travel Ltd will fix the price and you must return the confirmation invoice to Furqan Travel Ltd with full payment to reach us within 7 days of the date when the confirmation was first posted to you. In these circumstances no surcharges will be made. We are not obliged to provide you with a breakdown of your pilgrimage/ tour cost since this would involve disclosing confidential financial information, which we are not prepared to provide.
8. If Furqan Travel Ltd Alters Your Confirmed Booking.
Whilst everything will be done to provide the pilgrimage/ tour as confirmed to you, Furqan Travel Ltd may occasionally have to change your arrangements or part of them. Furqan Travel Ltd reserves the right to do so. Most alterations are minor and should not affect the overall enjoyment of your pilgrimage. In the case of minor alterations, we will do our best to notify you before departure. If Furqan Travel Ltd have to make significant alterations to your arrangements, we will notify you as quickly as possible. Significant alterations include:-
a). A change of airport (except between airports serving the same city);
b). The outward or return flight is rescheduled by more than 24 hours. You may then:
i. Accept the change and the contract will be varied to incorporate the change; or
ii. Take a comparable alternative pilgrimage/ tour subject to availability; or
iii. Withdraw from the booking completely in which case Furqan Travel Ltd will make a full refund of all monies paid by you. In addition Furqan Travel Ltd will pay compensation of £25 per person. As factors affecting flights stopping at an airport en route are not normally known in time for notification, such alteration is not regarded as a significant change and neither are changes in carrier or aircraft type. Furqan Travel Ltd is not liable to pay compensation where the change is by reason of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond Furqan Travel Ltd control and which could not have been avoided by the exercise of all due care. These include, but are not limited to, war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity (actual or threatened), industrial dispute, technical problems with transport, machinery or equipment, power failure, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, epidemic, flood, drought, unavoidable technical problems with transport, and adverse weather conditions. Furqan Travel Ltd is also not liable to pay compensation where the change is by reason of low bookings, which applies where an insufficient number of people book a pilgrimage for it to be financially viable. All group pilgrimage/ tours require a minimum number of bookings before they will operate. No liability is accepted for delays to flights to or from the United Kingdom or for any cancellation of flights. We are also not liable to pay compensation where rail, road and other departure times are supplied by carriers since they are subject to traffic control, passenger check in times, weather conditions and the need for regular maintenance. You should consider making a claim under your travel insurance policy.
9. If Furqan Travel Ltd cancels your Pilgrimage Tour
Cancellation may be necessary in exceptional circumstances and Furqan Travel Ltd reserves the right in its absolute discretion to cancel your pilgrimage or tour package. If this occurs you will be offered the choice of an alternative pilgrimage of comparable standard (if available) or full and prompt refund of all monies you have paid together with compensation of £25 per person. Furqan Travel will cancel your pilgrimage if you fail to make any payment by the due date and will not be liable to pay you any compensation. We may have to cancel your pilgrimage as a result of low bookings, as defined in paragraph 8. In these circumstances, you will receive a full and prompt refund of all monies you have paid. You will not be paid any compensation in these circumstances. Where your pilgrimage is cancelled because of circumstances outside our control, we are not liable to pay any compensation. Circumstances outside our control include but are not limited to those set out in paragraph 8 above.
If in our reasonable opinion or in the reasonable opinion of any airline pilot, hotel manager, tour leader or other person in authority, your behaviour is causing danger, damage to property or persistently affecting the enjoyment of others, we reserve the right to terminate your pilgrimage or tour. In the event this should happen no refund or compensation would be paid. If your behaviour results in Furqan Travel Ltd being forced to pay additional charges, Furqan Travel Ltd will seek to recover them in full Paymen from you.
General Information and Safety Issues
1. Please check your tickets, vaccination certificates, accommodation vouchers, passport, visa or anything else which might prevent you from being allowed to travel. You must notify your travel agent or Furqan Travel Ltd immediately if you think any information is incorrect. Furqan Travel Ltd will not be responsible for any problems, which may arise in the event that you failed to notify us.
2. You Have to make sure that your passport is valid for at least six months after the date your pilgrimage ends.
3. You should take out travel insurance for your trip. We would recommend this in all circumstances.
4. Our visa application service allows us to apply, on your behalf, for visas to Saudi Arabia. We are unable to guarantee the granting of any visa and consequently accept no liability whatsoever for any refusal or delay in obtaining a visa. We reserve the right to claim any associated costs incurred as a result of the delay or refusal.
5. You should also ensure that you comply with all travel health requirements, such as vaccinations and are advised to contact your medical practitioner in good time before you travel.
6. Please ensure that you understand and are aware of the rituals of your pilgrimage and how to perform them.
7. You should be aware that during peak season, particularly the Hajj period, because of the huge numbers of people on pilgrimages and the problems of overcrowding, your planned Ziyarat may sometimes have to be changed or your room facilities or furniture may be different. Furqan Travel Ltd are unable to prevent this from occurring on occasion and accept no liability for this.
8. Particularly at the time of the Hajj, flights and destination airports can sometimes be altered at the last minute. Furqan Travel Ltd have no control over this and you should be aware that this could happen with your booking.
9. Saudi Arabia is not subject to the same health and safety regulations that exist in the UK, the USA and Europe. In many areas, the operation of certain amenities and facilities may be subject to local licensing laws or religious pilgrimage. Maintenance and local energy conservation measures may mean that the hotel or apartment limits certain facilities, e.g. air-conditioning or water supplies. In addition, unusual weather conditions may cause electricity failure. Furqan Travel Ltd will not be liable for any damage or losses arising from this. In most cases this leads to a richer experience but you should be aware that accommodation in apartments and hotels is provided on a shared basis (unless appropriate supplements have been paid and this is stated on your confirmation invoice). All information about the hotels has been provided by those hotels and may not have been verified by Furqan Travel Ltd. All hotel rooms have private bathrooms but you should be aware that the sizes of the rooms are usually smaller than those in the UK, the USA and Europe. The star rating of the hotels has been devised by Furqan Travel Ltd and indicates the high standard of hotel offered by us. The meals provided are on a self service basis in hotels and apartments. You should be aware that the food served is local food and may vary from day to day.
10. Check in and flight times are local times based on the 24-hour system. They are for guidance only and may change, especially with regard to the individual country’s daylight saving time policy. Your invoice will show the proposed flight details, and your flight tickets will show the actual details. Please check your flight details when you receive your tickets. It is recommended that you check in 3 hours before and a minimum of 2 hours before departure. Your initials and the spelling of your name must be identical on your ticket and in your passport.
Updated on 25th April 2015